2. Because it was made up of a number of states which were once
separate, but afterwards agreed to unite together.
3. Any district of a country whose people are all under one government.
4. Yes, but they agreed to put themselves all under one general
5. Because it would promote their general welfare.
6. Certainly; without it nobody would be safe: not only our property, but
our lives would be in danger.
7. If every man was perfectly virtuous, and knew what would be best for
himself and others, they might. But this is far from being the case; and
therefore the people of every country are and must be governed.
8. Laws are made which all must obey; whoever disobeys them is